Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I know, I know! It has been over a month since I have posted anything. My only excuse is I am the busy mom of 4 children, three of whom are three years old! I intend to use this excuse as long as I can get away with it!



I have finally unpacked the studio! I think I have it set up the way it will stay. My embroidery machine is on one wall, my sewing machine is on another and all my scrapbooking and mixed media are on the third. The fourth wall is a closet with shelving for my fabrics and my art supplies. I found this great pegboard for my walls. It is clear acrylic and works great. You can even get accessories for it and hooks to hold all your art goodies. Check out AzarDisplays.com. If you are short on floor space but have unused wall space this may help! Not too expensive and easy to install!



I have made several goals for myself this year. I rarely keep resolutions so I made goals instead.

1.) loose weight and exercise everyday

2.) read my bible everyday

3.) read more to my kiddies

4.) use my fabric scraps once a week

5.) have a date night with my son once a month (he's 16!)



So far I have done very well. I go to the gym every morning after I drop Ben at school. I have changed my diet to try to be more healthy. We read every day at least once per child (that's three books mind you), and I mostly read my bible everyday. Some days I fall asleep because I am worn out. Did I mention the three 3 year olds? I have also completed three small quilting projects from my scraps. A table runner, a placemat and a baby quilt. Nothing fancy, but they would make great gifts for my specail friends and family. Or they could be used for donations. Who knows. But the point is that I am using them. And Ben and I have a date night this weekend! His choice. I predict buffalo wings in my future! :)



I have also joined a BOM class at my local quilt shop...I found one only 20 minutes away!!!!... and they are doing the Thimbleberries 3's Company. I picked the traditional colorway and so far I like it. This is not something I would have just picked up to do on my own. The pattern is less intimidating this way. I am waiting for my friend Pat's BOM to start! I am really excited for that one.



I hope everyone is doing great! Let me hear from you all! When I figure out how to put photos on this blog I will show you my studio and the the trips in the snow!!!



Kayce

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Kayce! You are missed among the Thimbles!! I am so happy that you found a nearby quilt shop and are getting involved with their BOM. Isn't it great to have a hobby where you can meet like-minded fabric crazy people?? Best wishes and can't wait to see your sewing studio. (Gretchen, Sat. Thimble/sister)

    ReplyDelete